Willows dying SOuthern CA

I had willow trees. The first died a year or so ago and now the other two have a lot of dead leaves. I have had several arborists in, some of whom say it is termites, others say the dying wood attracts the termites. Any suggestions. If the wood was dying and then attracted the termites, ok, but why was it dying? DO termites attack live wood?

It appears the area was watered well enough as there are mushrooms or funghi growing in the area.

So Cal zone 9.

Helen

Reply to
HPBudlong