willow dome

please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone give any tips on reviving our willow dome please
--
dawn0798

Never heard of one until I did a Google search.
Is this a live dome? If so, I guess we're being trolled.
--
Dan Espen

Me neither. here's a link ... http://www.jprwillow.co.uk/willow-sculpture-domes.htm
--- Posted via
dawn0798;941543 Wrote: > please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs > some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone > give any tips on reviving our willow dome please
Hi dawn, are you sure it has died and not just lost its leaves due to the normal leaf fall that happens in autumn ?? Look at the stems and if they are soft and 'juicy' then all is well. If they are dry and 'brittle' looking then you may be right, but unless it has dried out in the summer (which I doubt) i think it unlikely that it has died. Could you take a picture and post it here ?? showing the whole thing and maybe a closeup of the stems, then we could better tell what you should do. Please let us know where you live as well!!
Regards, Lannerman.
--
lannerman

To see if a plant is alive, scrape your thumbnail along the stem or branch. If it shows green underneath, the plant is alive.
HB

I assume that you might be in the UK since you're posting through gardenbanter. It's Autumn in the northern hemisphere so if you live there, have a look to see if other willow trees have lost their leaves yet. If they have, then your dome is doing what comes naturally. Wait till spring before you worry.
dawn0798 schrieb:

cut it down and pour some battery acid on the stump. that should take care of the stupid tree.