Will these conditions work on poinsietta

The foliage on last years poinsietta plant has come back nicely. There are no lights on at night in my wife's office. In the day time there is natural and florescent lighting. Will this light/dark condition bring back the floral bracts? This is in zone 5/6.
No, it won't work.
Euphorbia pulcherrima is a short day plant.
Do a Google search for the all too many websites with info on how to grow and bloom the plant before doing something stupid.
The zone is irrelevant.

<< Subject: Re: Will these conditions work on poinsietta From: "Cereus-validus" >> << The zone is irrelevant. >>
____Reply Separator_____
I think the zone would be relavant. As an indication of when it is dark and when it is light. But then, what the f*@k do I know. If I knew the answer to the question, I wouldn't have posted it.
Hardiness zones tell you nothing of the sort at all.
do I know. If I knew the answer to the question, I

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message do I know. If I knew the answer to the question, I

Zone 5 is a band extending from parts of Canada all the way down to parts of New Mexico. Latitude will tell you something about day length, but the zone isn't terribly useful without additional information.
Regards, Nick
--
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

On 03 Sep 2004 18:56:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Modern poinsettia hybrids are less intolerant of stray light (and hold their bracts longer) than the older ones, but they still want 14 hours of pretty good darkness to bloom.
--
Chris Green