Will holly eaten by deer survive?

We have a small Nellie Stevens that was stripped bare by deer this winter - literally every leaf is gone. Is there a chance this tree will survive?
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:43:51 -0700 (PDT), Curmudgeon

The deer are hoping it will survive so they can use it for a feeding station again next winter.
brooklyn1 wrote:

"Those who eat and run away will live to eat another day."
If it DOES survive, you'd better cage it in heavy wire next winter and provide food for the deer before they start on some other desirable plants.
gloria p

Provide food for the deer?
I don't think you've thought your plan all the way through...
In article

Yes
I have a Dr Kasab and a unnamed male in my back yard.
--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
<http://www.globalissues.org/article/75/world-military-spending

Remove it. Deer remember where they ate and will return. I pulled a lot of plants out, all half eaten by deer and replaced that with cactus, herbs, and sedum.
On 3/19/2010 7:23 PM, Phisherman wrote:

Hollies are said to be deer resistant. I know they don't eat mine. But when snow cover is heavy and deer are starving they will eat anything they can get at. They chewed up the arborvitae fencing my sons pool.
Deer will actually starve to death with a stomach full of food that does not supply nutrients.
Hollies are probably safe for now and may come back but if small and winter's severe, may need fencing or netting next year.

MacHollies?