Will backening plumeria cutting root?

I was wondering....when plumeria cuttings have started that fungus rot (I think it is because of fungus) on the rooting end, that is, it is starting to get blackened and "mushy", will the cutting still root? Or should I re-cut the cutting above where the blackening begins, let it sit for some days until a new callous is formed, and then plant? What about if I just cut off the blackened part and immediately plant it? Will the lack of a callous on the end prevent it from rooting?

Reply to
Jimbo

No

Just throw them away

The fungal hyphae permeate the plant tissue long before they show signs of rot.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

"Jimbo" in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

i don't know where p's form new roots. this

they form roots from the callus, so i'd guess that no roots will grow from mush... as *you* also have been suspecting :-)

Reply to
Gardñ