Will a shrub that loses it's summer leaves die?

We have 4 burning bushes that got some type of mite (I think) about 6 weeks ago. The lawn service we use also treats shrubs so we called them as soon as we saw the webs and they treated them the next day. Soon after each of them began to lose leaves until they were all bare.
Does anyone know if these shrubs will continue to live?
If it makes a difference, we are in zone 5.
Thanks much!
Oh no, you're in zone 5!!!!!
Even worse, you are in Ohio!!!!
You are doomed!!!!!!
You "lawn service" sure treated your trees all right. The inept bastards may have killed them. What in the hell did they spray them with?

I thought I killed my stransvesia which lost all its leaves during a drought. Four weeks later the leaves were back, with me more religiously getting out to the edge to water during dry weeks. If your burning bushes are NOT dead, you should see some evidence of new leaves budding in a week or two. It doesn't sound hopeful as you describe it though.
-paghat the ratgirl
snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) wrote in message

OK, I guess I should get out there and baby them right away, we are having a dry spell, which can't be helping.
Thanks for replying.