Wildflowers, how good?

I bought a couple of packs of wildflower seeds at the local hardware store. Now, I believe it is past time to plant them. For next year .......... How do they do? Is there any advantage in spreading soil over them, or garden amendments? It says just to rake them in, and they will reseed themselves. I have some areas that they would look nice in, and would even put some sprinkler pipes and impact sprayers in to help them to flourish. This sounds too good to be true. Advice and suggestions appreciated.
Steve in SW Utah Zone 6 or 10 depending on the book you read.
--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Steve It depends on what they are calling "wildflowers" There should be a list of what seeds are in the package somewhere on it. You can always just plant them by scattering, and see what develops, Emilie