Wildflower checklist or journal?

Has anyone ever heard of a wildflower checklist or journal for the Northeast U.S. or NY State? I've seen such books for birds and other animals and wondered if one was made for wildflowers.
If not, has anyone seen a good generic wildflower journal?
Thanks,
Charles
Is this what you are looking for?
Mitchell, R.S. ed. 1986 A Checklist of New York State Plants Contributions of a Flora of New York State, Checklist III. New York State Bulletin No. 458 New York State Museum Albany
http://www.fna.org/FNA /
http://biology.usgs.gov/s+t/noframe/j084.htm

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:54:11 GMT, Charles Woolever

Might you be thinking of the Peterson field guides?
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/catalog/titledetail.cfm?titleNumberh1386
More like this.
It has each bird with a place to note when and where you saw a bird.
So I was looking for something similar for wildflowers.
Charles

On 4/1/05 4:18 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@syrcnyrdrs-03-ge0.nyroc.rr.com, "Charles

How about a notebook and a pencil???
Yes, that is one suggestion that I even brought up in my original post.
But, if you have pages and pages of notes on birds or flowers or whatever you saw, it can be difficult to find a note on when you last saw something or even if you did.
People use these pre-printed books because it can be easy to look something up. Wondered when you last saw a particular orchid? Flip through to the orchids and there on one of the 4-5 lines that were provided next to each flower is when and where you saw it.
After 10 years, you'll need a whole day just to read through all your handwritten notes if you just kept a journal.
Nothing wrong with journals. I keep some but keeping track of some things is much easier now with some of these books and computer programs that are available.
Charles

Charles Woolever wrote:

Mitchell, R. S. 2000. Database and Revised Checklist of New York State Plants. Part 1) A Database of New York State Plants. In Microsoft Access, 3779 entries. Part 2) Mitchell, R. S. & G. C. Tucker, Revised Checklist of New York State Plants, Edition II. In Microsoft Word, 332 pp. Distributed in CD-ROM format. New York State Museum. Albany, New York
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Charles