Wild roses

I'm in the midwest -- are wild roses invasive? There in bloom right now and really beautiful.
Do they need full sun?
Thought I may take some cuttings and start some.

If you're talking about Rosa arkansana (=R. pratincola), the prairie rose, they rarely are invasive. And yes, they need full sun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_arkansana I used to raise them from seed; there was a lot of variety of color.
If you're talking about Rosa multiflora, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_multiflora, that one gets to be pretty invasive (and it's really, really prickly). Don't plant it.