Wild roses

I'm in the midwest -- are wild roses invasive? There in bloom right now and really beautiful.

Do they need full sun?

Thought I may take some cuttings and start some.

Reply to
mkr5000

really beautiful.

If you're talking about Rosa arkansana (=R. pratincola), the prairie rose, they rarely are invasive. And yes, they need full sun.

I used to raise them from seed; there was a lot of variety of color.

If you're talking about Rosa multiflora,

that one gets to be pretty invasive (and it's really, really prickly). Don't plant it.

Reply to
Kay Lancaster