Wild Iris from seed?

I gathered some seed pods from Iris setosa ssp. last summer. Am thinking of tossing it on the ground, raking it in and wishing it luck. Has anyone grown wild iris from seed?

TIA,

Jan in Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora

All the garden hybrids have their origins from wild species, so somebody must have grown them from seed, don't you think so?

You mean a Google search didn't turn up a single website on propagating Iris from seed? That is amazing.

Do they allow Google searches in Alaska?

BTW never heard of Iris setosa ssp. last summer. Do you mean I.setosa ssp. interior?

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

Nope. Iris setosa ssp. setosa. It's the coastal variety. Ssp. interior is the interior variety.

I didn't do a google because I'm busy. Thought I'd just go to folks who know these kind of things, without wading through 1000 irrelevant links first, then asking ya'll anyway.

Don't be a butthead, so I won't have to get snippy, okay?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

For the sake of all the children orphaned by the tsunami tragedy, would some generous soul help poor helpless Jan find info on growing Iris from seed?

She says she is too busy to bother to do a Google search herself. She wants somebody else to do it for her.

Do it for the sake of all the children orphaned by the tsunami tragedy.

Reply to
Cereus-validus...