(Wild?)flowe ID? Central Ohio

Found in weed-like location, possibly an escaped garden flower?
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w46.jpg
Central Ohio, a ball of 6-petalled blue flowers, grass-like basil leaves
Some hyacinth? (The bane of bicycling wildflower catalogers)
[The year's weed catch so far http://home.att.net/~rhhardin/weed.html ]
--
Ron Hardin
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Looks like an Allium, Ron. Smell garlic/ onion/shallot when you crush a leaf?
Sue Western Maine
Looks like Allium aflatunense Purple sensation AKA Persian onion, ornamental onion
Dieter

Dieter Pietryka wrote:

Thanks, all. I can update the catalog with the ID.
--
Ron Hardin
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

If I recall correctly Allium aflatunense isn't the only Allium with globular heads of purple flowers.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

allium?
--

"Ron Hardin" < snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com...
I have the same in my leek garden...yes Allium
Ron Hardin Wrote:

Here is another possibility: Agapanthus Here is a link to the Google image search for it... http://tinyurl.com/fgvee
If the link doesn't work just go to Google, click images and type i agapanthus
It is a common garden plant around these parts, (Victoria, BC, Canada and is somewhat weedy, thriving on neglect. Thankfully it is easy t rid of, just dig up the rhizomes - it is a perennial though so chec again next year to see that you got it all. If its been around for years you can expect to see big clumps up to ten feet across so it ma take a bit of digging
-- LavenderBee
Looks like something in the onion family, allium.
Suzy O, Zone 5, Wisconsin

Definitely something in the allium (onion) family. Aside from that, ????
Suzy, Wisconsin, Zone 5

Definitely something in the onion (allium) family.
Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin