(Wild?)flowe ID? Central Ohio

Found in weed-like location, possibly an escaped garden flower?

Ohio, a ball of 6-petalled blue flowers, grass-like basil leaves

Some hyacinth? (The bane of bicycling wildflower catalogers)

[The year's weed catch so far
]
Reply to
Ron Hardin

Looks like an Allium, Ron. Smell garlic/ onion/shallot when you crush a leaf?

Sue Western Maine

Reply to
Sue Burnham

Looks like Allium aflatunense Purple sensation AKA Persian onion, ornamental onion

Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Pietryka

Thanks, all. I can update the catalog with the ID.

Reply to
Ron Hardin

allium?

Reply to
readandpostrosie

I have the same in my leek garden...yes Allium

Reply to
tammieallison

Here is another possibility: Agapanthus Here is a link to the Google image search for it...

the link doesn't work just go to Google, click images and type i agapanthus

It is a common garden plant around these parts, (Victoria, BC, Canada and is somewhat weedy, thriving on neglect. Thankfully it is easy t rid of, just dig up the rhizomes - it is a perennial though so chec again next year to see that you got it all. If its been around for years you can expect to see big clumps up to ten feet across so it ma take a bit of digging

-- LavenderBee

Reply to
LavenderBee

If I recall correctly Allium aflatunense isn't the only Allium with globular heads of purple flowers.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Looks like something in the onion family, allium.

Suzy O, Zone 5, Wisconsin

Reply to
Plant Info

Definitely something in the allium (onion) family. Aside from that, ????

Suzy, Wisconsin, Zone 5

Reply to
Plant Info

Definitely something in the onion (allium) family.

Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin

Reply to
Plant Info