wild berry id?

Hey, I found a specimen of this wild black blackberry that I know grows around here in north central florida... Can someone help me ID it?
The only example I could find on the web with the same qualities was something like this, and it didn't have the genus/species or name:
http://www.alamedainfo.com/Alameda_CA_Wild_Berry_May_30_2005.jpg
but the stem is green, and the thorns aren't as pronounced. It's leaves are in groups of 3, perfectly oval shaped (unlike the picture) and never get longer than an inch even when the plant is full grown. They'll grow in brambles, but I don't think they grow in vines or arches, more like big clumps of the bushes they grow as when I see them alone. I would just say it's a blackberry and leave it at that, except the leaves are oval and smaller... The berries taste and look like blackberries.
Eric
On the day of Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:10:14 -0500...
typed these letters:

Wild Blackberries around here (North Carolina) are commonly refered to as brambles. After a little Googling it appears that bramble is a widely accepted name.
http://www.answers.com/bramble&rg
Devonshire
It sounds like you are describing what locals called dewberries when I lived in north florida. The bramble family are all pretty closely related. I think it's either the same species as blackberry with some local characteristics, or a very close relative.

Normally southern dewberries are low growing and these grow into full 3' bushes. It's obviously some type of rubus. Most likely derived/cross-polinated from a rubus trivialis at some point.
The leaves aren't like the normal southern dewberry. I think it's some native north american rubus that just grows around here, because I've found them deep... deep... off the trail for miles in local state parks... Of course that doesn't mean much considering birds love them and could spread them far and wide, but I've lived elsewhere and mostly the leaves of dewberry are pointed.
They are good though ... Frak it!
Eric

say