why the grass doesnt grow?

Hello everyone,

My lawn grass doesnt grow when summer is coming because people step on it. However it is still truning green. Is anyway to fix this problem? using the averation?

Thanks, Robert

Reply to
rob

How much "stepping on" are you talking about? And, can you stick a trowel into the soil with about as much effort as it takes to stick a fork into a well-done steak?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Aeration could help, but it will become compacted again quickly if you don't stop people from walking on it. This can be as simple as temporary metal posts and some wire fence material. I'd keep it in place until late autumn.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

yes I wont let people to step on again by setting up the fence. The problem is how to fix this problem

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
rob

Dig it up, maybe 6" deep. Remove rocks and anything else that doesn't belong there. Buy peat moss. ***READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - YOU CAN'T RUSH THE CORRECT METHOD FOR USING IT***. Mix with soil to make it fluffier. Firm the soil with a wide plank of wood. NOT YOUR FOOT. Seed, cover with burlap, water gently using a fine mist and ONLY a fine mist. The burlap achieves several things: Keeps birds from eating seed. Keeps soil from getting crusty due to watering or rain. Keeps soil moist.

When the grass is a few inches tall, gently lift off the burlap. Rinse it, let it dry, and save it for the next spot that needs the same treatment.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Before you start digging try watering. Water at the time people usually use your lawn for a short cut and water until the grass has 1" of water a week, then cut what grows. A bit more water won't hurt the grass if you need to turn it on to discourage someone's presence.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

Soil compacts MORE when it's wet and walked/knelt on.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sure does, but with watering the grass doesn't seem to have a problem. Some clay soils have to be watered longer and lighter to soak the water in deep enough to encourage deeper healthy root growth. The OP didn't say where he is or what kind of grass or soil, and I'm betting he simply needs to water and cut. You may engineer him a new lawn if you like, I just expressed my opinion.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal