Who can identify these yellow flowers?

Hi everyone!
I've recently come in the possession of a painting that contains a vase with yellow flowers, and I'd like to know what kind of flowers they are.
If you have a second, please check out http://www.meulie.net/Fotootjes/2_paintings/painting1 and tell me your (educated) guess. :)
Regards, Evert Meulie

kinda hard to tell from the painting (which is very lovely!!) but looks almost like tansy.

Do you mean these:
http://graysharbor.wsu.edu/Weeds/tansy.gif ?
I can see some similarity, I don't think they're the same... The tansy seems to have its buds closer together than the kind on the painting...
Thank you for your swift reply though! :)
Any more/other suggestions?
Regards, Evert Meulie

PS. Click on the image to make it bigger... :)

If the painter is from the warmer climes, probably an acacia (wattle).
Gene Newcomb
"Evert Meulie esq." wrote:

My first impression, too, was Acacia, Then I thought maybe Podocarpus. Now I can't decide :-)
elizabeth

vase
are.
The painting is signed with 'Latour'. This makes me believe it's either an original or a copy of a work by Henri Fantin-Latour ( http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/fantin-latour/ ), a French painter.
Greetings, Evert Meulie

+ + + My first impression was Acacia, some species of which are cultivated in fairly temperate regions:
http://www.beyond.fr/flora/mimosa.html
However this would require the foliage to be from a separate plant or the painter to be unfaithful, neither of which can be precluded PvR
Mimosa
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

You might be right here... It does look quite a bit like the various images of wattle I have found on the Internet. If only I'd be able to find the painting in some catalogue, then the 'mystery' would be solved quickly I'd think...
Regards, Evert

I did send before saying Mimosa, You say the painting is French........well for many years the French sent "Mimosa" to the UK as a cut flower from around February. The plant in question is Acacia dealbata "Silver Wattle" see http://www.anbg.gov.au/images/photo_cd/Acacia_1318/dealbata_069.html
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries