Whither weather?

Just collected !3! high temperature records in a row here in Tidewater -- 76F, 78F, and 76F beating the previous marks by 2 degrees each. Today it will be dropping from the low 40s (now) to the mid 20s (tonight). Hope not many plants have decided it was spring in January. Forsythia is blooming, but then it often does. Anyhow, it was a very pleasant 3 days. Yesterday I trimmed the bushes/trees that were setting off my neighbor's motion-detector spotlight every time the wind blew. As long as I was outside, also whacked off what I could get to of the photinas' latest reach for the sky. It's *nice* to have a break in the weather -- doors open and breeze blowing through.

Yeah, it reached 83 here where I am. Things are starting to bloom. Redbuds, lantana never stopped, iris, echinacea, many other things too numerous to list. There were also butterflies around. This morning it is 32. We had frost last night. I hope it stays cold for a while so I get some peaches this year.
I'm trying a minimum work/ damage routine in the face of the first freeze we're likely to get in New Orleans. Only a very few tender tropicals get covered up (in some cases one of a pair.) The rest are either inside in a rather crowded sunroom or are going to face the survival test outside. zemedelec
On 06 Jan 2004 19:58:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) opined:

Amazingly, it stayed 32 degrees for the entire 24 hours, yesterday. The birdbath never melted. I don't think in the eleven years I've lived here has that ever happened. V