white things on my plant

i have a small christmas tree like plant that has white webby looking things in the branches. obviously a pest i just dont know what ?
chaz

things
Pecker Tracks

Spittlebug?
Bad Bob
"Cook him till he's blue, and smother him in onions."
tent caterpillars.

things
On 6/9/04 7:17 AM, in article m_Exc.4900$jw.3046@attbi_s04, "Pam -

I have had what I think is the same infestation for many years ..it does not seem to hurt the ornamental evergreens. A mild spray of Dursban gets rid of it, but they are in every nook and crany. The leads of spider mite and spittlebug do NOT fit the description. What I am looking at are very tiny pure white oval "fly specks" maybe 1/8 inch long, that are fuzzy around the edges ( no obvious legs, but numerous "hairs") and congregate at crotches in shady places. At first glance it looks like lichen growing, but on closer examination , individual bugs are evident.
Any more reference would be appreciated.
TIA, Stew Corman

sounds like scale crawlers to me
"Elaine Wald" <____________________> wrote in message

did some searches and I agree with your conclusion ...probably "pine needle scale" if not, then a close cousin
should I spray with Dursban or are other insecticides better? Is a little "simple green" good to mix in solution to make it a better wetting solution? I presume a low doseage will get the little buggers, trick is to reach them all.
Thanks, Stew Corman