White Sage - Salvia Apiana - In N. California?

Anyone know what regions of N? California that Salvia Apiana grows wild?
thanks
It grows in Southern California in dry coastal scrub. No water in summer for 4-6 months. I don't know if it would do well in the wet northwest. Spectacular plant with incredible fragrance. Used by local indians in religious ceremonies from what I understand. Mine top off at about 8 feet when in bloom. The plant itself stays around 3-4 feet. I have never had a person fail to comment on the fragrance once they brushed past one of these beautiful silver plants.

i've had the feeling that it frosts easily, but found this (very snipped):
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1174.htm Perennial Salvias: The following salvias are usually grown as perennials. Most are hardy and will grow well throughout South Carolina.
White Sage (Salvia apiana): This small evergreen sage has white wooly leaves and clusters of white flowers often spotted with lavender. It needs full sun and well-drained soil.
maybe it does poorly in wet winter clay?

Salvia apiana isn't native to Nor Cal. It is native to the South coast, Transverse mt ranges and the edges of the deserts on down to Baja.
Emilie NorCal

I believe it's native south of Pt. Concepcion. There are also reports from San Luis Obispo, Monterey, and San Benito counties. See http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/flora/plants/lamiaceae/salvia_apiana.html
--
Chris Green