white residue on grass....and no, its not snow

Hi all,
Here is NC the snow has melted, though there is still a chill in the air. While outside in the yard, I noticed a milky white substance on many blades of grass. It almost looks like someone took a paint brush with white paint and flicked the brush so that the paint spattered over the grass blades.
Any idea what this is and how I should treat it?
Thanks! Heidi

Was there snow piled on your grass from the street? Could it be salt or mag-chloride? Try just rinsing it off and if that doesn't work look into the possibility that it's a fungus.
Good luck, Laura B.

It is called snow mold and it is a fungus that grows quite happily under the snow, nothing to be done for it.

http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/Pests/Diseases/snowmold.htm sed5555