White powder on peony leaves

My peonies bloomed decently this year, but now (long after the flowers have faded), the leaves of all of my plants have a white powder coating them. Perhaps some sort of mildew? Should I be doing anything special, or just trim them down to the ground in the fall as I typically do?
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:52:07 +0000, MPost wrote:

It's Powdery mildew. Not much you can do now. cut down but do NOT add to the compost heap. In the spring when the leaves come out spray with a good fungicide. Read it's lable before using and follow directions. I'm going to try "Organicide" next year myself.
Thanks. Should I cut down now, or wait until it gets colder out? (I live in New England.)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 01:32:31 +0000, MPost wrote:

You could do it now or wait until they start pooping out. That's a garden technical term.
;)

Yes, probably some kind of mildew. Put the trimmings into the trash. More sun and ventilation will help prevent fungus. There are anti-fungal products you can use (next year) such as "Messenger."

kitchen. Combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a few drops of dishwashing liquid and add to a gallon of water. Apply weekly.
Probably not enough time left this year to see if it helps. I'd just cut it down and watch for it next year.