white mites in with my worms

I am doing a small box for vermiculture and the soil is too moist. As a result there is white mites or something like mites in with the worms. Are these fruit flies? How do I get rid of them or are they benificial?

Reply to
mike dickson

They're beneficial. Put a little sliver of cheese in your bin and watch the mites smother it. I know cheese is not usually recommended and lots of people will say it smells but once the mites smothers it, the cheese will disappear with no smells. Amazing little critters.

Reply to
Pen