white mites in with my worms

I am doing a small box for vermiculture and the soil is too moist. As a result there is white mites or something like mites in with the worms. Are these fruit flies? How do I get rid of them or are they benificial?
They're beneficial. Put a little sliver of cheese in your bin and watch the mites smother it. I know cheese is not usually recommended and lots of people will say it smells but once the mites smothers it, the cheese will disappear with no smells. Amazing little critters.