white dirt season

finally arrived yesterday here in mid-michigan.
felt good to be out digging today, but was musing about how nice it would be if that white stuff was garden soil from heaven instead of a cold wet blanket of some insulation but not much else water.
sure looks pretty though.
songbird

Snow actually improves soil by keeping it fallow and besides moisture it adds nutrients and necessary elements, a layer of snow also prevents erosion.
songbird wrote:

It's called manna. Get prayin'
David Hare-Scott wrote:

it's rigged i tellya...
songbird
'songbird[_2_ Wrote: > ;942814']finally arrived yesterday here in mid-michigan.

Plants benefit from light and air circulation. Increase air circulation to your houseplants with a fan or move them outside for fresh air if temperatures are above 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
--
Jerad78

On 12/05/2011 01:53 AM, Jerad78 wrote:

We got lots of white dirt last night, down here in Southwest Texas. At least it's not 20 below like last year when we had the coldest winter since 1958.