Whiskery Fluff

Hi,

I live in the United States. My friend was in England recently and brought home seeds from a flower she called Whiskery Fluff, but they did not sprout. Does anyone know the botanical name of this plant because maybe I can find some seeds in the U.S? Thanks so much.

Reply to
jessaka

Did your friend declare those seeds when re-entering the U.S.? We already have too many foreign plants that have become invasive pests. On top of that, seeds can carry plant diseases that can devastate both agriculture and home gardens.

Reply to
David E. Ross

live near me to be able to ask her, and it was a few years ago, but she was just talking about it, and we were wondering what they were.

Reply to
jessaka

Unfortunately, common names like "whiskery fluff" are no way to identify plants - it could just be a made-up name by the person growing the plant because they don't know the scientific name or it could just as well be a regional nickname. Whatever, nothing turns up when searching under that name :-) A photo would certainly help but barring that, just going by the visual that name suggests, it could be some sort of clematis seedhead.

gardengal

Boron Elgar