Which vine(s) for this type of wall?

I have a rather long and tall block retaining wall in front of my house similar to this type of stone:
http://www.chipperfields.ca/Images/Gallery/Retaining-Wall-Block.jpg
The wall is facing North-East with no trees or other obstructions. If you had this wall in your front yard, what vine/vines would you plant next spring?
Heck, if the suggestions are good, I will come back and have this group "landscape-suggest" my entire yard!
Thanks,
Deion "Mule" Christopher
On 12/4/2007 10:16 AM, MoMule wrote:

Approximately where are you located. Different vines require different climates.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Thanks for the reply!
I am in zone 5b (Missouri).
On 12/8/2007 6:45 PM, MoMule wrote:

I'm not familiar with what will survive your winters. And your north-east wall won't even get a little warming.
Your best bet is to ask at a local nursery (not a lumber yard or home improvement store, but a place where plants are the primary merchandise). You might also inquire with your county's agricultural extension service (or whatever they call it in Missouri); most such services also provide advice to home gardeners.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Looks like something extremely similar to what I saw months ago at one commercial website while I was researching material for a retaining wall. My gut says its the same photo. Dave
On Dec 8, 11:52 pm, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

Thanks David for the info on the ivy. I have seen ivy in my area that survives each year - I will check with some local nurseries. Since the blocks are glued together I can only hope the ivy isn't strong enough to wedge them apart.
Dioclese,
I'm not sure what you are asking - I did a google image search for block walls and this particular linked picture had the closest resemblance to what I have in my front yard. That is why I stated in my original post,