Which ornamental tree ??

I only have a small garden (50ft x 25ft),but would like to plant som

kind of ornamentle tree within the lawn boudaries.

I dont want anything over about 6/7ft tall,and would prefer it to hav a spread of no more than about 5ft.

Hope some of you can come up with some suggestions.

Thanks. Bas.

BTW. I live in South/East England

-- Bas

Reply to
Bas

How would Japanese Maple do in your area?

Reply to
D. Staples

There are some trees that will remain that small, and others can advise about those. However, I'll mention an idea pointed out by the late Henry Mitchell, a garden writer who worked in a small space. He said that very often, when you think you want a small tree, what you really want is a shrub. The small tree may end up wanting to become the size of a one car garage.

Just a thought...

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Forest Pansy Redbud

Sheldon

How about a Chaste tree? Jackie

Reply to
J. Davidson

That's pretty small. But I would also suggest some variety of Japanese maple. Perhaps a weeping form with finely cut leaves. The leaves of mine have turned an absolutely brilliant scarlet this fall.

Japanese maples add tremendous character to any garden.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks for all the ideas people.

It is much appreciated

-- Bas

Reply to
Bas

Reply to
dr-solo

ground from an original whip and is now well over 8 feet tall and wide. The technical term "small tree" is misunderstood. A small tree means a tree which is under 25 feet tall. What is more appropriate for the size would be some type of shrub. IMO

Reply to
Jangchub

I like the look of that Dr Solo.

Thanks

-- Bas

Reply to
Bas

.

A tree that close to a building... too close for any plant.

Reply to
Sheldon