Which food can I grow in my own garden?

I'm afraid that the financial crisis will get worse and that food will become very expensive.
Because of that, I want to grow my own food.
Which food-plants can I grow in an ordinary garden?
I assume potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and so on?
Jasper Tiler wrote:

It depends on your climate, soil, available space, season and water at least. Tell us something about your situation or no advice will be specific enough to be useful.
David

Just tell us where you are. I'm betting you can grow lots of stuff. We in DE grow tomatoes, peppers, zuchini & yellow squash, sugar snap peas, green & lima beans, melons, spuds, lettuce, spinach, rasberries, blueberries,.....is that enough? hope this was some help. Nan in DE