Where to see and buy a curved 5' vertical cross bridge for cheap from local retails stores?

Hello.

Where can one/1 see and buy a small (5 feet) vertical curved cross bridge (e.g.,

._SL1500_.jpg ) from a local retail store in So(uthern) CA(lifornia)? It will be placed over a small sloped water drain ditch in a hill backyard, so it will be easy to cross it with heavy items and wheels.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant

Try a store that specializes in patio furniture. They might have a catalogue showing such a bridge.

Also, consider a building materials place and a good nursery's landscape design department.

Reply to
David E. Ross

DIY

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Thanks. I will have to find them. :)

Reply to
Ant

Google search for 'landscape bridges for sale' and see what turns up. Given your location I'm sure that there will be some hits (if you are willing to spend a bit, of course, because it isn't going to be cheap). Me, I'd just go ahead and build one from laminated pressure-treated wood and rigid waterproof glue such as urea resin.

Reply to
John McGaw

You can build one ten times better yourself for one tenth the price. Those ready mades are strictly for show, they are not very strong nor do they last very long.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Interesting. Currently, my nest is using a thick flat wood board and two yard fences. Yeah, it looks cheap and ghetto but they work as a flat brown painted bridge so far. Ha! :D

Reply to
Ant

Easy to cut the curved side pieces from a sheet of 1/2" exterior plywood (cut four pieces and double them leaving a space for sandwiching fence pickets), buy 8' X 10' plywood and cut in half for making four 5' curved lengths. Attach decking lumber to the top and add doubled cedar picket fencing for a sandwiched top railing, make a template and trace the curve to each slat, glue and screw. Then cap with more cedar pickets (soaked in water they can be bowed with a tournaquit till dry). A bridge 5' long shouldn't cost more than $200 including hardware.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

That gets complex. We're not handy men.

Reply to