Where to post a photo of a tree?

What binary newsgroup does anyone use for photos for identifying trees?

I have used the online free sites, like tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, etc., and they are all too much effort and time to log in, upload, etc., etc.

Thanks.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Many people - like myself - do not have access to binary groups any more - because our servers stopped carrying them :-( So we appreciate the online free photo sites. I can't recommend a specific service though - sorry John T.

hubops

Tinypic works as quickly as anything I have seen. No need to log into anything, just upload, type in the captcha and copy the link.

Unless one has a very slow connection to the net, in which case any and all photo transfers are a bother, I cannot imagine anything faster or easier.

Reply to
Boron Elgar

Ditto. I use imgur.com for my images to link. Beside newsgroup/usenet is dying. :P

Reply to
Ant

I went there just out of curiosity; took only a quick look, but it seemed vulgar/tacky.

Question: What is your backup for statement that "newsgroup/usenet is dying?? Straight question.

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

Imgur is just a place to upload and stash visuals. It is no more nor less vulgar or tacky than any other place online. I take it you do not hang out in a broad range of Usenet groups, either.

Reply to
Boron Elgar

newsgroup/usenet is

seemed vulgar/tacky.

I don't see any drop off in what I call the 'good' newsgroups. Much easier to use than anything online.

Earthlink still carries all binary groups which I use a lot. Tons of special interest site -- audio, old cars, old photos, maps, you name it... just can't find one for plants/trees.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

I use its usenet service too, but it doesn't carry ALL newsgroups from its outsourced SuperNews (Giganews owns it now). :(

Reply to
Ant

ISPs dropping usenet services, my computer friends don't use them anymore, etc.

Reply to
Ant