Where to find hand pump for well?

I have a shallow well, and in the summer the water level drops to about 10 feet. Do they make hand pumps that can pump water from that depth? Any ideas where to find one? My water supply is plentiful, but doesn't do me any good when the power is off.
Google is your friend.
--
Dave

Hypocrisy. Big SUV, filament lights on all night. You think your neighbor
Zootal wrote:

Check at Ace Hardware. (they'll probably have to order it)

I assume you're in the US given that you didn't say. Try Lehman's. Do a search there using "pump". http://www.lehmans.com/index.jsp

It's easier to push water up than to suck water up. Best stick wt a pump in the well and get a reservoir for when the power is out.
--

Billy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0svwMdY&feature=related

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:40:56 -0700, "Zootal"

Here's one that lifts 25 feet, looks good, low price...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber18

Northern tool sells that one plus a fancier model.
http://tinyurl.com/zu5r2
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_5846_5846

if you buy a pitcher pump from anywhere, inspect it *carefully* before installing it. chances are very high that the pump was cast in China & it may have pinholes throughout the casting. i just installed a pitcher pump in my basement so i not only can pump water when the power is out, but i don't have to go outside to do it :) the first pump was full of holes. the replacement is working fine. i have one corner set up with the pressure tanks for both the dug & drilled well, the jet pump for the dug well (used to have a jet pump for the drilled well, but when it failed i put a pump down in the well), & the pitcher pump. my pump is a little hard to pump because the well is a good 30 or more feet from the house, downhill, & about 16' deep, but it works quite nicely. i keep a gallon jug of water next to it for priming.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

yes, because it's using the same pipe (with footvalve) that the jet pump uses. to use the hand pump, i turn off power to the jet pump (unless it's already out), turn a valve to close off the house lines, & pump with the hand pump. if i use it once/week or so i don't really need to prime it at all (so far anyway) & that keeps the leather wet, too. lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Thanks, guys - never realized there wer so many being made still :)