Where to buy ornamental grass??

Hello! I've started my Christmas shopping. I am looking for a place to buy some ornamental tall grass for my Dad. He lives in Southern Wisconsin, near Milwaukee. Do you know of any good catalogs to order from? Would it be a better idea to purchase the grass in the spring, or can it live in a pot for a few months?
Any suggestions of tall grass that can live in our weird climates?
please respond by email.
Thank-you! Megan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HiL) wrote:

Try High Altitude Gardens. They're on the web. (I can't find their catalog in this mess of an office...) They have *lots* of gorgeous ornamental grasses that will do well in a northern/wonky climate.
Jan

Try High Country Gardens. They offer a number of ornamental grasses: www.highcountrygardens.com sed5555
thank you very much for your replies!
Megan
An excellent source that has pleased many Native Plant Society of Texas members is Native American Seed, http://www.nativeamericanseed.com /.
J. Kolenovsky http://www.celestialhabitats.com - 186 links to the environment
HiL wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
I know many people who don't care for EBAY anymore.
@'86, DASPAMnetscape.net, > wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP