Where to buy ornamental grass??

Hello! I've started my Christmas shopping. I am looking for a place to buy some ornamental tall grass for my Dad. He lives in Southern Wisconsin, near Milwaukee. Do you know of any good catalogs to order from? Would it be a better idea to purchase the grass in the spring, or can it live in a pot for a few months?

Any suggestions of tall grass that can live in our weird climates?

please respond by email.

Thank-you! Megan

Reply to
HiL

Try High Altitude Gardens. They're on the web. (I can't find their catalog in this mess of an office...) They have *lots* of gorgeous ornamental grasses that will do well in a northern/wonky climate.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

Try High Country Gardens. They offer a number of ornamental grasses:

sed5555

Reply to
Sed5555

thank you very much for your replies!

Megan

Reply to
HiL

An excellent source that has pleased many Native Plant Society of Texas members is Native American Seed,

=

J. Kolenovsky

- 186 l> =

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

I know many people who don't care for EBAY anymore. =

Megan, Native American Seed has an excellent reputation. I can speak from purchase experience on a personal and professional level.

J. Kolenovsky owner,

plant landscape design/build company

@'86, DASPAMnetscape.net, > wrote:

Reply to