Where to buy green garden jars (for terrarium)?

Hello all,
I've searched the internet high and low for large (12-19") round green glass jars that you see in terrarium books all the time. Anyone know who sells them?
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:38:21 -0700 (PDT), DeanB

Brick and mortar, you may try World Market, Pier One, Pottery Barn, places like that.

I tried a huge Pier One and they had nice stuff, but not that. Can't believe no-one sells them online!
On 6/17/08 9:22 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, "DeanB"

Try your local Michael's, Joann's or AC Moore.
Cheryl
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:49:54 -0400, Cheryl Isaak

Hobby Lobby also sells a huge selection to glass, but I found a website you can take a look at:
http://www.become.com/shop?q=recycled+green+glass
When I did my search on Google, I used the following:
"hand blown green glass terrarium bottles"
Good luck, there is a lot out there and I am certain you will find something adequate.

Big Lots is another store you might try. How about the places that sell the big bottles of water for water coolers? Do you mean round like a ball or round like a bottle?
This is from a terrarium planting fact sheet that you might want to consider before you buy your jar.... "Colored glass is inappropriate as it reduces light intensity and transmits its own color while absorbing other colors in the light spectrum. Red tinted glass will block blue light, and increase light in the red spectrum, causing plants to become leggy. Green glass should also be avoided because it blocks red and blue light, both necessary for healthy plant growth." http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/factsheet.asp?codeD
Val
Is this the idea? Search about for Cloche.
Bill <http://www.gardeners.com/Glass%20Cloche%20%20Solar%20Bells/VegetableGard ening_SeasonExtending,35-067,default,cp.html>
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Book "Our Media Not Theirs" Many Stars

Bill - I get a bunch of womens hats! Are you sure that's the right word?
In article

Yep it is the right word. Multiple meanings.
Pricey !
Bill
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloche>
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)99164221&r ef=pd_sl_3722rsff4_b>
<http://www.gardenvisit.com/garden_products/garden_tools/cloches
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Book "Our Media Not Theirs" Many Stars

Val - you are rigth, but my terrarium book says that if you put it in a window where it hits direct sunlight, then you should use green glass, especially on shade-lovers like ferns.
Val - you are rigth, but my terrarium book says that if you put it in a window where it hits direct sunlight, then you should use green glass, especially on shade-lovers like ferns.
Most plants don't read the books, I've been doing what can't be done for years ;) Try 'glass cloche' 'garden cloche' 'bell jar' for your searches.
Good luck, Val
Although not green, Smith and Hawken has nice terrarium jars. http://www.smithandhawken.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod400044p&categoryId t220059p