Where is my post?

Hello,

I posted a query about wrappings around the roots of pot plants and it has disappeared! Is it usual here for posts to be deleted?

Reply to
Gilli99

Posts are kept on the servers of whoever provides your newsgroup service. Each one of these servers is set to allow a certain amount of space for each newsgroup they carry. When that space is filled, a new post will cause the older post to be dropped. Because of the many different servers providing newsgroups, the time a post will be dropped varies. I.e., if your provider only provides 10 megs of space for this newsgroup, your prior post may have been dropped, while it still might exist on the server of a provider that provides 50 megs.

There are web based services (google for one, I think,)that maintain a large number of usenet postings, so you might try looking there.

I use a provider that has a lot of storage, and your posting is shown, with a number of responses. I'll try responding to it, which should make it show up again.

Reply to
Notat Home

This is a gardenbanter.uk poster. Not using any flavor of Usenet. Gardenbanter is just a leech.

Not surprised to see censoring.

Reply to
despen