Where has chicory gone?

In upstate New York, about this time, I always saw wild chicory, "ragged sailors," growing along the road. This year, nada, and I've driven from NYC to upper Mass. Where has all the chicory gone? BobC
snipped-for-privacy@rockaloid.com expounded:

I was in the Katonah area in mid-July and saw tons of it all over the place.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Ann wrote:

Stands up, waving hand in the air wildly......... I've got it, it's here in Delaware!!!! Nanzi
And in Pennsylvania. Marilyn
expounded:

Just popped out in Indiana in the last few weeks or so...
I havent seen it for a while either. it usually is out with the QAL. I finally got my own stand of that in my itty bitty garden. Ingrid