Where can I buy sweet potato seeds in Toronto ? Regards, Ranko

You don't buy seeds. You buy slips - cuttings from sweet potato plants. There are lots of sources, but

is one of the higher quality ones.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Or you could grow your own. If you find some you really like, buy several extra, put them in an inch of water in a plastic planting tray, and set it on top of your refrigerator or up right freezer, or somewhere else that will keep them warm and still get full light or sun shine. Check the water level every 3 or 4 days and add as needed. Pretty soon they will put out roots, and eventually the slips will start growing. Once the slips get to 8 inches tall they can be planted if the weather is right (No frost or cold nights).

When you get ready to pull the slips off for planting, hold one with your fingers on one hand and hold the potato down the other. Then pull up with a rotation motion until the slip comes loose. Then Clean the leaves off the bottom 3 or 4 inches and set them in a can a couple inches of water in it. Leave then there for a couple days until they have formed roots. Then you can take them out and plant them.

Water regularly ( not necessarily frequently) and dig them just before the first frost of the winter. If you still want to grow them, let me know and I will let you know how to cure them after you've dug them.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

Thank you very much. This is for my mother and she lives overseas. For ease of transportation I will go for

option.

Much appreciated.

Regards, Ranko.

Reply to
Ranko.Mosic

doesn't deliver to Canada. Does anybody know anything in/around Toronto, or who ships to Canada ? Regards, Ranko.

Reply to
Ranko.Mosic

as Doug and Dwayne mentioned you don't buy seeds but slips and it is so easy to do your own from a sweet potato. reread Dwayne's post to find out how. I did last year and it worked wonderfully

Reply to
Lynn