Where are all the posts

This may have been thrashed about. I apologize if it has. I used to be active in this group ten years ago. I gave it up because there were hundreds of posts a day and I could not keep up. I see the group has bee split, but still - where is everyone? I'm seeing 5 posts a day.

Reply to
Brian

I was NOT active in THIS group 10 years ago, but, one reason I think I've noticed a big reduction in the groups I've monitored for a long time is the advent of Forums. vBulletin and other styles as well offer some advantages over usenet - as well as some disadvantages for some. Still, there's a LOT of expertise here and I enjoy learning from some of the regulars.

You might check out

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks Carl. I'm a little surprised to see a "Paid Subscriber" forum, I'll risk the $15.00 and try it out. I guess that's the way the web is going.

My primary recreation is woodworking and the only site I pay for is the leading publication in the industry (fine Woodworking).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Brian

I said no a while ago to subscribing to Dave's but finally did it. Only $15, not bad and there are some great people there....

Reply to
Johnny Borborigmi

It is well worth the money- you have access to experts in almost every genera, from all around the world. You can have an ID on a plant in no time flat, and the majority of posters know their stuff. And more importantly, those that don't know their stuff don't answer questions :)

Plus the PlantFiles, BugFiles, vendor recommendations- it is a very useful site.

Reply to
Cearbhaill

I 'hang out' in the southwest forum which is (at present) free.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Two forums that will keep you busy are GardenWeb and GardenGuides. But don't forget to come back here.

Reply to
told2b

There are many free forums. You must look around. Yahoo and Google can be big helps.

Reply to
JohnS

There is a mind set in this country that if it's free, it can't be any good. Also, people are always looking on how they can make a buck by charging for a perfectly good free service. I pay enough for my high speed connection to this forum. I don't need some elses service to pay for something I already have for free. Next thing you know, someone will figure out how to put advertising on these forums.

Sherw> This may have been thrashed about. I apologize if it has. I used to

Reply to
sherwindu