When walking about the garden with no intent. What do have incase

Whenever I walk around I carry a five inch pruning shear tool 5 inches long only has a 1.5 inch cutting edge. Also carry a 6 inch Japanese carpenter knife. Those are real light and my next choice a Japanese Knife Trowel but it weights too much and remains not assessable.
So A long winded question is do you have a light tool that can do spur of the moment work ?
Those tools mentioned could go on a key chain yet enable the hand to do more.
Bill Place in Canada sells both.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
On 5/3/2009 9:09 AM, Bill wrote:

Summer being our dry season, I leave my primary tools on my patio. These are hand pruning shears, a paring knife, a bucket, and a kneeling bench. (See my <http://www.rossde.com/garden/tools.html .)
I like to wander through my garden daily even if I'm not planning any serious gardening tasks. If I see a weed, I pull it. If I see a faded flower, I remove it. Then, on the days when I indeed do serious gardening, much of the puttering is already done.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

I try to carry a sharp trowel.
Bill who putters frequently .
............ putter 3 ( Brit. potter) verb [ intrans. ] occupy oneself in a desultory but pleasant manner, doing a number of small tasks or not concentrating on anything particular : early morning is the best time of the day to putter around in the garden. ? [with adverbial of direction ] move or go in a casual, unhurried way : the duck putters on the surface of the pond. DERIVATIVES putterer noun ORIGIN late 19th cent. (originally U.S.): alteration of potter 1 .
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
On Sun, 10 May 2009 15:32:16 -0400, Placid Bill usually

Placid Bill, The Putterer.......yeah, I like....

I carry an Asian tool that is about 12 inches long and has a curved blade with a serrated edge that looks like a minature brush cutter. It can rip off small branches or dig out weeds or just cut off veg that I want to harvest or a heap of other things. Best tool I ever bought in terms of usefulness.
wrote in message

an array of small tools; a hand cultivator and trowel, small Fiskar's loppers (they're wonderful), a small anvil pruner, a small bow saw, a hammer, roofing nails, posted signs, and a chisel (to knock off tops of boulders that pop into my mowed areas), a water bottle, and some other items including a machete on my belt... distances are great and the bucket is also handy for bringing things back, the wind can blow trash long distances, and I have a neighbor who likes to drive golf balls into my woods, I often return with more than 50 brand new premium balls and I don't return them.
Everyone needs these: http://tinyurl.com/cvpprn
http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId 001&langId=-1&catalogId101&categoryId258&productId484&page=products

Snap!