When to plant tayberries

Hello,
I'd like to plant a couple of tayberry bushes in my garden. For those of ou not familiar with tayberries (i wasn't until yesterday!), they're a hybrid of blackberries and raspberries. According to most of the the information i've found, they can be planted any time from september to april - eg:
http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/tayberry-buckingham-thornless-plant-pid2876.html
I'd been planning to plant them in the next couple of weeks, but then it struck me: is there any advantage to doing this over planting them in the early spring? Indeed, if i leave it until spring, isn't that avoiding the risk of them getting damaged by frost or waterlogging over winter?
FWIW, i live in London (the original one), where the winter is cold but never arctic, and autumn and winter are generally pretty wet.
Thanks for any advice, tom
--
Do more with less -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Tom Anderson wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayberry http://www.yumsugar.com/3646193