When to plant strawberries?

I am in zone 6 (maybe 7) Frederick, Maryland. My mom said wait until frost-free date, sometime between April 30 - May 15. I just rcv'd the roots and would like to get them safely in the ground ASAP.

If you have the plants- -put them in the ground. If you are concerned about frost,mulch them--which is a good idea anyway. I am in zone 7 and they are supposed to ship my plants on 16 March- -if I had them now I would set them out. I have three Strawberry patches, I only ordered these to try another variety.
Strawberries are somewhat cold hardy, I only mulch in the fall after the 5th or 6th heavy frost. However, the crown of young plants need to be protected.
Have a good day-The Oldtimer.