When to plant palm tree seeds?

I brought back from CA here to IL some 7/8 diameter palm tree seeds, like miniature coconuts. They had fallen from the seed pod clusters and were laying on the ground/sidewalk. When I lived in FL, we would let the coconuts dry out before planting them. Should I do the same thing with these miniature-sized palm tree seeds, or can I just plant them now.