when to plant

I picked up some perennial geranium (bulbs or roots) yesterday for dirt cheap. Of course they wont bloom this year, but should I plant them now or wait until the Fall? I' hoping to get them established enough for blooming next year.
Midwest, zone 5.
RB
Do tell which perennial geraniums grow from bulbs.
Plant them now.

Geranium tuberosum has a tuberous rhizome not a true bulb.

They were cheap because they where bare root plants that have been in storage all last winter and were intended to be planted this spring. I often get such bargains at the Springhill Nursery catalog clearance sale in mid-June. You need to get them in the ground or a pot ASAP. It has been my experience that these plants only survive about 50% or the time and I factor that in the price. If they are $1 or less, then it is a bargain. Since geraniums are nearing the end of their bloom cycle, I see them going on the sale tables in local nurseries. They cost more, but they are also more likely to thrive.
They are Not Bulbs Plant them now.