When to pick Galeux d'Eysines squash?

I planted a couple Galeux d'Eysines squash seeds this year on a lark. It wa s on May 15th, the last frost date in Denver. Now I have four fruits that l ook like they're 10-15 pounds each. One of them has a lot of warts and the rest are developing them. How do I know when to pick these? How well do the y keep, and do they need to be aged. Never thought I'd actually get anythin g so I haven't planned for this.
Thanks, red
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:34:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@tatteredcover.com wrote:

I've no personal experience, but Territorial Seeds gives some detail.
Sounds like you are going to be one happy gardener.
http://www.territorialseed.com/product/Galeux_Deysines_Squash_Seed/400
On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:34:40 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@tatteredcover.co m wrote:

was on May 15th, the last frost date in Denver. Now I have four fruits that look like they're 10-15 pounds each. One of them has a lot of warts and th e rest are developing them. How do I know when to pick these? How well do t hey keep, and do they need to be aged. Never thought I'd actually get anyth ing so I haven't planned for this.

Leave them on the vine until it begins dieing. Wash the squash with a mild bleach solution and store in a cool cellar. They should keep most of the wi nter.
On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 7:34:40 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@tatteredcover.com wrote:

was on May 15th, the last frost date in Denver. Now I have four fruits that look like they're 10-15 pounds each. One of them has a lot of warts and th e rest are developing them. How do I know when to pick these? How well do t hey keep, and do they need to be aged. Never thought I'd actually get anyth ing so I haven't planned for this.

The info I've read says 90 days. Although the more sugar developed by the p umpkin, the more warts. I'm in the same situation, and I'm waiting a bit.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

no idea of that particular winter squash, but i think the general rule of thumb is to pick them when the stem going to the squash starts to dry out.
songbird
songbird wrote:

I grew these this summer, very prolific and excellent eating. http://www.bhg.com/recipes/how-to/cook-with-fruits-and-vegetables/how-to-cook-delicata-squash/#page=0 http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/squash/delicata-squash-information.htm I will grow them again. Barny the crop guard cat:
http://i64.tinypic.com/iqbrqo.jpg