When is it best to pull up those good old spuds?

My question may be rather simple but I have had a hard time finding the answer. I planted some potato seeds in the begining of may and I have no idea when to dig them up. Please help as this is my first year of growing and those damn slugs have already eaten my lovely green lettuces, every pick of them. Thanx
when the green growing tops are dead and brown................... madgardener whose own potatos grow from her compost pile <g>
--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.