when do poppies bloom?

I've got bread seed poppies - they're about a foot tall, huge beautiful leaves and no sign of flower buds. It hasn't been very hot here yet - lots of rain - is there hope?
Kate Nashville, TN, whatever zone that is this year
kate wrote:

Kate,
Yes, there is hope. Just give them time. Around here, a couple hundred miles north of you, they start blooming in late May.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969
Bill R wrote:

Thanks, Bill! They're getting more rain today.
Kate

Kate,
Last year in September and again in January I spread handfuls of the seeds around. It took a few months for them to sprout, the ones planted in September came up first with the others following about two to three weeks later. I've had flowers and pods for a good month, now. The last to come up are still flowering but most are only pods The earlier plants are almost dry on the stem. Most of the leaves on the plants are turning brown already, but there's still a bit of green left. We had torrential rains all winter till mid March. I'm in Zone 6 - Tri-Valley, CA.
Rob