When do I spray the fruit trees?

I didn't imply anything. Tommy Chong wasn't charged with smoking pot, or selling or growing pot. He went to jail for selling a bong. How many people in America or the world have died from pot? Just curious. Then, while you're finding statistics, how many people by the tens of thousands die from alcohol related driving deaths, not to mention all the liver transplants for drunks, and how many people die from legal cigarettes. Let's see the stats on these.

And no, to directly answer your question. I never said anything about smoking illegal herbs. But you certainly must see the hypocrisy in this, can't you? Rush Limbaugh did indeed do something illegal, and immoral. He was doctor shopping. He bought street drugs. Those were not prescribed to him. So, call them "prescription" drugs, but dope is dope and he is a junkie like anyone else who was now, or was ever addicted to drugs.

And no, I have been clean and sober for decades. I know a dope fiend when I see one.

Reply to
escapee

Yes, I listen to their streaming audio, but I'm not always sitting in the office. We are going to buy an XM radio. I want them to be more than just a few generations down the manufacturing line. There are still kinks to work out with the technology.

I'm pleased to hear the breath of fresh air.

Reply to
escapee

Reply to
escapee

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com expounded:

I never said they were out of money, nor do I get my facts (or opinions) from Rush Dimbulb.

Reply to
Ann

Salty Thumb expounded:

Now, just.....how.....is selling a gun to a veteran implying that killing people is OK? Where is *that* connection coming from? It isn't immoral for veterans to own guns, nor have all veterans killed anyone while in our (your!) service. You've proven your last phrase, unfortunately.

Reply to
Ann

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

If you read it all, I was accused of being a proponent of pot smoking because I made the comment about Tommy Chong being in jail for selling bongs. Bongs in and of themselves are completely safe to sell. Because one sells them, does that imply everyone should use it to smoke pot with? That's what the gun to the veteran analogy was explaining.

Putting people in jails for selling bongs is, well, assinine. Not putting people who are caught buying illegal drugs, doctor shopping, and using illegal drugs (some call them prescription, I don't if they are bought on the street) into jail is also pretty silly...when you see bong sellers in jail.

Reply to
escapee

escapee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Exactly, here is the quote:

cacahuates wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dot.com:

if selling bong to someone who may or may not have used drugs: implies smoking illegal herbs is okay then selling gun to someone who may or may not have killed somebody: implies killing people is okay ?

Now you may accept any those conclusions as a logical consequence, but personally I don't accept either (sarcasm aside) therefore I draw the conclusion that what p-nut said isn't a perfect example of anything (unless it's an example of McCarthyist logic).

Aside from that, what I said wasn't a criticism or an endorsement of the military and was strictly for analogy. For my next trick I will attempt to walk through Compton wearing the wrong color.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

What exactly has this Rush Limbaugh been charged with?

Reply to
cacahuates

It's the one about FBI Agent John O'Neill. He died in the Twin Towers. Richard Clark dedicated his book to him.

I found streaming video for several shows.

Reply to
escapee

Uh, are you implying that gangs wear colors and you would be attacked for wearing the wrong color? Ooops, I told my mother it was okay to wear teal. I hope that wasn't my way of giving permission to the gangs for attacking her.

sarcasm off. :)

Reply to
escapee

A salary of 40 million dollars for being a big fat idiot on the radio. Oh, that's what I charged him with. He is still under investigation for drugs and how he attained them. Of course, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Reply to
escapee

So, he's never been arrested, never been indicted, never even been charged with anything, but you claim he did something illegal. Interesting logic. You seem to know more than the Palm Beach State's Attorney even knows.

Reply to
cacahuates

Uh, that would be no. I know what Rush himself has said. It's not that important, dude. Let go...

Reply to
escapee

Indeed. These same people who are becoming increasingly strident in their demands to ship American political and judicial sovereignty overseas are shocked and furious that American businesses (excepting Heinz, of course) would consider moving their operations there. A gliberal acquaintance of mine rages on about how GW cannot possibly be a Christian because he opposes gay marriage - heaven help us all - and then expounds with equal fever on the man's blatant disregard for "constitutionally" mandated separation of church and state. For years, leftist mutts of the Gore/Kerry stripe have been pushing punishing euro style taxes on gasoline for the specific purpose of forcing the American boobeoisie out of their SUVs and onto public transportation but are now howling about GW's responsibility for the recent gas price increases. Speaking of petroleum products, consider which political ideology ruminates endlessly on what "we" did wrong to incite peaceful Islam to attack - it must be Oy! Oy! Oil! - even as they work tirelessly to pump up their amusement sodden h*mo-erotomaniac vaginoid pustule of a culture whose imperial metastasis prefaces every mullah's nightmare about the US. We saw how seamlessly the "greed of the eighties" became the Clinton prosperity of the nineties but even more smoothly has the Vietnam War era's deranged babykilling military provided the left with two shiny new combat heroes for their recent presidential primary. True to form and their current fave minority group, pinkos take it both ways. Today, we're seeing the party that devised and instigated the legal schemes to hamstring America's intelligence services (extra-domestic services forbidden to recruit "unsavory" characters as field operatives; electronic information gathering techniques prevailing to the near extinction of human agentry; and, domestically, the FBI forbidden to gather intelligence at all) complaining loudest that these services failed...all under GW, without doubt. Considering what democrats proudly claim to hate most about Bush, they've characteristically managed to find a silver-spoon botox billionaire war criminal to represent their team in the next election. Perfect! America's vichy left talks a good morals game alright. Problem is, morality for them doesn't mean the Golden Rule, it means political rule.

"I did it because they tricked me."

- John F. Kerry

Reply to
<sharky