When do I spray the fruit trees?

Page 4 of 4

If you read it all, I was accused of being a proponent of pot smoking because I made the comment about Tommy Chong being in jail for selling bongs. Bongs in and of themselves are completely safe to sell. Because one sells them, does that imply everyone should use it to smoke pot with? That's what the gun to the veteran analogy was explaining.
Putting people in jails for selling bongs is, well, assinine. Not putting people who are caught buying illegal drugs, doctor shopping, and using illegal drugs (some call them prescription, I don't if they are bought on the street) into jail is also pretty silly...when you see bong sellers in jail.

p-nut logic: if selling bong to someone who may or may not have used drugs: implies smoking illegal herbs is okay then selling gun to someone who may or may not have killed somebody: implies killing people is okay ?
Now you may accept any those conclusions as a logical consequence, but personally I don't accept either (sarcasm aside) therefore I draw the conclusion that what p-nut said isn't a perfect example of anything (unless it's an example of McCarthyist logic).
Aside from that, what I said wasn't a criticism or an endorsement of the military and was strictly for analogy. For my next trick I will attempt to walk through Compton wearing the wrong color.
opined:

Uh, are you implying that gangs wear colors and you would be attacked for wearing the wrong color? Ooops, I told my mother it was okay to wear teal. I hope that wasn't my way of giving permission to the gangs for attacking her.
sarcasm off. :)

profusely,
the half)

if it's not

of what,

A perfect example of why conservatives are morally bankrupt! Tommy gets thrown in jail for selling bongs on the web, not for using drugs. That ugly-ass creepy Rushies Bum advocates year in, year out how drug users should be THROWN IN JAIL for long periods of time & when it turns out HE'S the drug addict in the room, is he hoping to be locked up?
The liberal morality is this: Drug addiction is either a leisure activity or a disease, & neither of these shouldbe criminalized. Rush is a big fat liar & a drug addicted piece of white trash, but he like any other addict should either be left alone to further destroy his health as he desires, or he should be permitted medical treatment AS an addict. But since HE advocated the imprisonment of addicts, liberals can't help but notice the profound bankruptcy of the man's philosophy, morality, & the irony that he should be the one who needs to be imprisoned, by his own ideal, though suddenly he exempts himself.
Neither Tommy -- a creative, funny, decent soul who would never hurt anybody -- NOR that filthy piece of shit Rushes Bum -- should be tossed in jail for drug charges. It's a perfect example of the INjustice system that someone who is so seriously addicted he destroyed his hearing with drugs gets away with it while advocating all kinds of monstrous destructive things AND comparing the Clinton's daughter to a cocker spaniel, but the innocuous self-depricating humorist who never hurt anyone gets tossed in jail over bongs.
That conservatives can't even acknowledge the injustice shows their inability to even understand the meaning of justice. That Rush's personal hypocrisy & moral bankruptcy is likewise invisible to the type of conservative who can stand the sight, sound, & stink of the Rushes' Bum, shows their own moral bankruptcy. Furthermore, Franken is funny, Rush is not, & Franken has expressed only sympathy for the big fat liar turning out to be a drug addict & quite rightly doesn't thjink EITHER Truthful Tommy OR the big fat liar should be imprisoned. It remains too damned bad that only the good guy was taken down by the law.
-paghat the ratgirl

I didn't imply anything. Tommy Chong wasn't charged with smoking pot, or selling or growing pot. He went to jail for selling a bong. How many people in America or the world have died from pot? Just curious. Then, while you're finding statistics, how many people by the tens of thousands die from alcohol related driving deaths, not to mention all the liver transplants for drunks, and how many people die from legal cigarettes. Let's see the stats on these.
And no, to directly answer your question. I never said anything about smoking illegal herbs. But you certainly must see the hypocrisy in this, can't you? Rush Limbaugh did indeed do something illegal, and immoral. He was doctor shopping. He bought street drugs. Those were not prescribed to him. So, call them "prescription" drugs, but dope is dope and he is a junkie like anyone else who was now, or was ever addicted to drugs.
And no, I have been clean and sober for decades. I know a dope fiend when I see one.
escapee wrote:

What exactly has this Rush Limbaugh been charged with?

A salary of 40 million dollars for being a big fat idiot on the radio. Oh, that's what I charged him with. He is still under investigation for drugs and how he attained them. Of course, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
escapee wrote:

So, he's never been arrested, never been indicted, never even been charged with anything, but you claim he did something illegal. Interesting logic. You seem to know more than the Palm Beach State's Attorney even knows.

Uh, that would be no. I know what Rush himself has said. It's not that important, dude. Let go...

Indeed. These same people who are becoming increasingly strident in their demands to ship American political and judicial sovereignty overseas are shocked and furious that American businesses (excepting Heinz, of course) would consider moving their operations there. A gliberal acquaintance of mine rages on about how GW cannot possibly be a Christian because he opposes gay marriage - heaven help us all - and then expounds with equal fever on the man's blatant disregard for "constitutionally" mandated separation of church and state. For years, leftist mutts of the Gore/Kerry stripe have been pushing punishing euro style taxes on gasoline for the specific purpose of forcing the American boobeoisie out of their SUVs and onto public transportation but are now howling about GW's responsibility for the recent gas price increases. Speaking of petroleum products, consider which political ideology ruminates endlessly on what "we" did wrong to incite peaceful Islam to attack - it must be Oy! Oy! Oil! - even as they work tirelessly to pump up their amusement sodden homo-erotomaniac vaginoid pustule of a culture whose imperial metastasis prefaces every mullah's nightmare about the US. We saw how seamlessly the "greed of the eighties" became the Clinton prosperity of the nineties but even more smoothly has the Vietnam War era's deranged babykilling military provided the left with two shiny new combat heroes for their recent presidential primary. True to form and their current fave minority group, pinkos take it both ways. Today, we're seeing the party that devised and instigated the legal schemes to hamstring America's intelligence services (extra-domestic services forbidden to recruit "unsavory" characters as field operatives; electronic information gathering techniques prevailing to the near extinction of human agentry; and, domestically, the FBI forbidden to gather intelligence at all) complaining loudest that these services failed...all under GW, without doubt. Considering what democrats proudly claim to hate most about Bush, they've characteristically managed to find a silver-spoon botox billionaire war criminal to represent their team in the next election. Perfect! America's vichy left talks a good morals game alright. Problem is, morality for them doesn't mean the Golden Rule, it means political rule.
"I did it because they tricked me."
- John F. Kerry

"...nukeular..." -George W. Bush
they wish. Cronkite was on. today they were talking about how right after 9/11 when stocks were tanking a money manager was explaining to american companies how to move their company headquarters off shore and do something called "flipping" whereby they could avoid paying taxes to the US. they actually had the tape. so somebody asked if this wouldnt be seen as unamerican and unsupportive of the US at this time and the money manager responded that it wasnt really a consideration. they also traced the movement of taxes from corporations and the wealthy and onto the middle class year by year. Ingrid
He, Hannity and the other O' talk about the "lib" network as if it's not

I don't suppose you watched Frontline last night? If not, go to www.pbs.org and read the transcript. Mind boggling.
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:34:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

no frontline was on in our market, but here http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline / I found streaming video for several shows. which one was it? Ingrid

It's the one about FBI Agent John O'Neill. He died in the Twin Towers. Richard Clark dedicated his book to him.
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:41:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com expounded:

I never said they were out of money, nor do I get my facts (or opinions) from Rush Dimbulb.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA