When can I plant lily bulbs this spring (zone 5)?

I'm in zone 5 west of Chicago, and I have just received an order of lily bulbs. When is the best time to plant them?
Thanks.
Stephen

Who did you buy the bulbs from?
Doug Kanter wrote:

That's a good question. Good companies usually send your bulbs and planting stock at the correct time of year for planting in your zone. If you ordered from a reliable company and they sent the bulbs accordingly, AND your soil is warm and dry/friable enough to be worked, go ahead and plant.
snipped-for-privacy@theboulets.net wrote:

If it means anything, my oriental lilies are up about a foot high right now. I've always found that any time after the last expected frost is appropriate since it takes some time for the deeply planted bulbs to make their way to the surface.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

last freeze is 3rd week in April up here in Milwaukee 90 miles north, near the lake. but it looks like 60+ weather for next 10 days. Ingrid