What would eat a yellow jacket nest

After digging it up. I never saw the live nest as it was in the center of a bed, but spotted the freshly turned soil this AM...

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C305DB9B.6E126% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

skunk. they *love* yellowjacket larvae & this is the best time to get the fat juicy ones. my barn skunk seems to have died, or at least he's gone this year. he has been living under the barn & eating with the barn kitties for 5 years, which is about the lifespan of a wild skunk... he has done an excellent job of yellowjacket control over those 5 years & i miss seeing the "other black & white cat" in the barn. if another moves in to replace him though, i hope it has the same easygoing nature. my skunk never sprayed in or near the barn, although he did occaisionally have residual stink from an argument elsewhere ;) lee

Reply to
enigma

That's good to know. Few weeks ago I accidentally trapped a momma skunk in my Hav-a-hart and she had 4 babies running around the trap. I managed to release her without getting sprayed. There are a few extra holes in the lawn and, now that you mention it, yellow jacket population is down. I did have to get a new garbage can with a lock down lid because they were getting into it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Now I just wish the skunks could get the nests that get started on my front deck stairs or the mail box. Looks like it was big nest.

Cheryl Isaak

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

I once saw a raccoon go after a nest. He must have been pretty hungery

Reply to
jmagerl