What to plant in the toilet?

Ohhhh... you could put a pump in it ands use it as a waterfall!

| >I would block the outflow pipe and grow Bog plants | | Bog! I love it! Hmmm perhaps I could stick it in my pond instead. | | I'm going to have to "ponder" this one. | | Jay

Reply to
SVTKate

"JJ" wrote

| | Would I then have something like a Chia toilet?

FOFLMAO! Kate

| | Thanks! | | Jay | | >JJ wrote: | >

| >> ...Near Vegas, zone 9ish |

Reply to
SVTKate

Maidenhair fern? zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

Can't have windows either

............and if you have a tree, a chain holding a

And you forgot the broken screen door with the torn screen :)

Although I have seen a few planted toilets that looked very nice

Shell

Reply to
Shell

I saw that car, it actually looked kind of neat. I believe it's here in Houston and they drive it in the art car parade every year. If I remember right the guy used some sort of silicone glue

Shell

Reply to
Shell

they're not bad on a barbeque either :o) Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

I can't believe people do that to the mother of God. Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

painted tire planters are a must :o)

Reply to
GrampysGurl

I would suppose drainage holes could be drilled????? Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

Mary HAD to have had a sense of humor. With Jesus as her son..? Oh yea! .. and some of us thought WE had out hands full with OUR children!

Kate

| >Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate | >nicely with the toilet. | | I can't believe people do that to the mother of God. | Colleen | Zone 5 CT

Reply to
SVTKate

You haven't met my Andrew lol. It is said that St. Andrew was Jesus' brother so there may be something to the name. Every Andrew I know is "busy". Andrew's keep their parents thinking and on their toes, he is secretly my favorite because he is most like me. I love all 3 of my boys for different reasons, Andrew is my challenge but he is also the sweetest, kindest person I know other then my Grandfather... two peas in a pod those two are/were.Grampy and Roo would sit together for hours chatting and watching cartoons together. Grampy passed when Roo was 4 but Roo has wonderful memories to this day. Grampy is the one who introduced me to the wonders of wildlife. Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

snipped-for-privacy@nadasppam-yahoo.com (JJ) wrote in news:4140f88b.18782609 @news2.flex.com:

skip the planting and make it your compost pile

or if you insist, you could try cultivating a new type of dandelion.

you could name them pissentoilette

Reply to
Salty Thumb

It was quite common in the small town where I grew up. All of a sudden, bathtub shrines started to appear in gardens in the mid 1960s. The fancy ones had lamp sockets wired into the drain hole to allow for nighttime illumination.

Reply to
Vox Humana

"SVTKate" writes: >You are ACTUALLY going to put a toilet in your yard????? >

Actually planting in a toilet is quite fun and neat. I get many many compliments and a lot of conversation about it. I first tried plantine directly, but not real successful so now I webt to a "basket" in bottom and annuals in top... ck it out...

Will Renkel

You now when I read stuff like this I started to think of living sculpture. Years ago a few folks would mound up soil into a chair, bench or table and plant grass or other hardy ground covers. Was fun!

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Hey I may want to have a toilet planter but I also thought this is a lovely imagery.

I'm a wild pig and I am a wonder! :-)

Jay the pig

Reply to
JJ

Unh...not to start a political flame war but I am thinking I could also express my personal political view if I had 3 complete toilets, one red, one white and one blue. I could then plants bushs and shrubs in them.

But my yard isn't that big so maybe I can scrounge a tank and a seat that are blue and red and just do one, err, unit.

Jay the Pig

Reply to
JJ

I like this too!

Reply to
JJ

One possibility is a small tree with a toy car smashing into it. Iris, Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40 "If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the oncoming train." Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Reply to
Iris Cohen