what to do w/ my spearmint?

I'm in Minnesota - I've got a big ol' ceramic pot on the deck that had a great batch of spearmint in it. It's all brown and done for the season now.

Now that winter is setting in, what should I do with it? Trim it down & leave it outside? Put the pot indoors?

I'd love to have the plants get even bigger next year if possible, and if I recall correctly, it's a pretty aggresive plant. That was my main reason for keeping it in it's own pot vs. putting in the ground.

thanks for any advice.

Reply to
woj_product

[snipped]

Not sure about the pot, but if you have a fireplace or woodstove, through a few trimmings in. It smells lovely.

Reply to
Jacqueline

Reply to
Phisherman

Plant it in the middle of the lawn away from your garden beds, if it gets out of hand, mowing it will smell nice!

Reply to
Beecrofter

I have a windowbox full of orange mint. I put it in the unheated garage last year. Didn't fill in as much this year though, I think it probably needs repotting/dividing.

Janine

Reply to
jrstark