what takes to have a indoor gardenia to set buds?

I have a 1G gardenia "veiitchi" since mid. Feb. It came with 15 buds. Two buds fell last week so there are 13 left. I put it by a southeast facing window and it has lots of new leaves growing. I'm disappointed to see there are always 2-3 new leaves coming out of the little pocket at the growing tip, instead of a new bud. I'm wondering what I can do to help it set more buds. I feed it MicroGro30-10-10 Azalea Camillia Rod. food every other week.

THanks, Tiff

Reply to
Frank