What should be planted in winter?

Hello,
l live in near Nashville, Tennessee. The last projected frost date here is April 14.
Last year, people told me that I should have planted some things in February --- but I don't remember what things.
What should be planted in winter?
Thank you!
Ted Shoemaker

I am in Eastern North Carolina and I plant: Onions, Lettuce and Peas, but that's just me. There are many more things. Years ago I contacted my local cooporative extension office and the sent me a list of pretty much all produce and when to plant. They will also do soil testing for free. MJ
On 1/31/2012 10:38 AM, Ted Shoemaker wrote:

This is a blast...LOL I live in western PA, went to our local Pa agriculture office yesterday. Asked the man in charge for some info on crops I could plant early. He gave me a list of veggies that could be planted early in Tennessee.
Then he mentioned I could adjust the time a little... try Tennessee Extension Publications