What's this black stuff on my grass?

This stuff showed up this morning (Sunday, June 5).
http://www.intergnat.com/grass1.jpg
http://www.intergnat.com/grass2.jpg
http://www.intergnat.com/grass3.jpg
http://www.intergnat.com/grass4.jpg <--- close up
My lawn is a mix of grasses. There's St. Augustine creeping over from the neighbor's house, and, as you can see, a lot of crabgrass and weeds.
I'm in central Texas.
Will it go away? Is it bad? Should I do something?
Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
-> This stuff showed up this morning (Sunday, June 5). -> ->
http://www.intergnat.com/grass1.jpg
->
http://www.intergnat.com/grass2.jpg
->
http://www.intergnat.com/grass3.jpg
->
http://www.intergnat.com/grass4.jpg <--- close up
-> -> My lawn is a mix of grasses. There's St. Augustine creeping -> over from the neighbor's house, and, as you can see, a lot -> of crabgrass and weeds. -> -> I'm in central Texas. -> -> Will it go away? Is it bad? Should I do something? -> -> Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Looks like slime mold. I can be black or gray. Usually caused by wet and shady areas.
Look here: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3074.html
Thunder

Best guess from here: slime mold fruiting bodies. Not a problem -- you can hose the area off when the weather's been dry for a couple of days, if you like. Grass may a bit yellowish underneath, but hasn't been harmed.
They're just moving through... http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3074.html
Really rather fascinating organisms: http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/tx/Slime_Molds /
Kay